Monday, October 10, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award



The Rules:
1. Thank the person who sent it to you and link back to them.
2. Tell your readers seven things about you that they probably don’t know yet.
3. Then pass the award on to other blogs you enjoy.

The lovely Kate at Two Little Cabbages at Cie. gave me the award...I love her blog and all her creativity...Thanks Kate!

the 7 things...I'm trying to think of 7 things I've not already told you...

1. I met my hubby when we were 12 and he sent another young man to the front of the bus to ask me to sit on the back of the bus with him...I declined...
2. I'm a dog person more than a cat person...although I like cats just fine...I've never invited one to live with us...wait...that's not true we picked up a very sick little stray kitty on Christmas Eve the first year we were married...took him home...even named him Fabian...and tried to nurse him...but sadly he died before morning...wrapped in a warm blanket under the Christmas tree...I'd almost forgotten that...
3. Star Trek was my favorite show when I was little...and we (especially Scout) love watching the reruns...the Man and Scout are always amazed that I remember them all...Yep...every single one...and I don't mind spoiling the ending for them either...don't they all end the same way anyway...but oddly I've never considered myself a Trekkie...and I've never dressed as one of the characters...must remedy that soon...who should I be...Lt. Uhura...or Yeoman Janice Rand...It'd be fun to weave my hair like that and spray it blond...or maybe the crazy green alien woman...funny...
4. When I was little at one point I used to say that I wanted to grow up to be a Nun...I remember my aunt telling me that good little Southern Baptists could not grow up to be nuns...we'll see...I was married in the Presbyterian Church and now I'm Lutheran...and they have convents...so...
5. I love to camp out...you may already know that about me though...HA!...and I've slept under the stars with no tent a few times...once on a horseback riding trip...I slept on the ground with my horse right beside me...I remember that I didn't sleep much as Penny kept moving and snorting in the night...and another time...my friend Sherrie and I were having a sleepover at my house and just on the spur of the moment in the middle of the night we took the blankets off the bed out into the yard and slept there...funny what we thought was fun...now I like to have at least a foam pad...and preferably an air mattress...and a sleeping bag is nice too...Sherrie died last year...there's something very sad about your high school friends passing away...
6. I'm quite the multi-tasker sometimes...although I love to be present in the moment and really focus on one thing...I also love to accomplish more than one thing at a time...if it can be done without detriment to the individual components...one example...I read...watch tv and knit all at the same time...it must be a simple pattern though...and I watch the tv while I sort of mindlessly knit...and then during the commercials I read a book that's open on my lap...still knitting of course...
7. ...and along those same lines...I have no problem watching a movie in short increments...I can watch 10 minutes if that's all the time I have and then come back later (sometimes days later) and watch another 10-20 minutes...I think this is because I'm a very visual person and I rarely forget anything that I've seen and visually processed...this drives the Man crazy and he won't watch a movie at all unless he can sit down and watch the entire 2 hours at once...I rarely have 2 hours to do that...so we don't watch a lot of movies together...

...so there you have it...7 things that I don't think I've said before...

The Awards:

My sweet sister at the World of Karen
Kim at Kim's Knitting Korner
Tracey at Clover
and Angela at PeachCoglo

5 comments:

  1. how sweet - i guess i knew most of the seven things about you....but had forgotten or didn't know the kitty one! thanks for the award!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you! I need to think of my seven now huh? Have a wonderful day!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the seven things, especially not going to sit at the back of the bus - was it the nunlike leanings coming out?

    I laughed about Penny snorting and moving through the night - good training for marriage!!!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about you. I sure hope you tell us if you do become a nun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those seven things are fun! Thank you so much! Hmm 7 things.
    I am amazed at your knitting, reading and televising skills. Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete