Wednesday, September 12, 2012

...WIP Wednesday...the Beaded Shawl...

...A.K.A. the Secret Project...

...I picked the thread based on my sister's description that it should be just almost white...choose something that you can tell it isn't white when you hold up a true white to it...so that's just what I did...and then I used 3 strands held together for the knitting and crocheting...

...then I made my 'bead snake'...and crocheted the border...

...it's just another version of my Super Simple Triangular Shawlette...with a crocheted beaded border...

...one bead per stitch across the top...

...and then three in each outer loop of 5 chain stitches in the netted border...

...then I read somewhere that if you packed your clothes in dry cleaner bags they wouldn't get wrinkled...so I spread the shawl out on a bag...

...and rolled it up...and shipped it to my sweet sister...

...who sent me all these photos from the Bridal Shower...maybe she'll do a full post over at the World of Karen...

...the beautiful Bride to be opens the shawl...

...and then...

...gives it a little try-on...

...a perfect fit...

...then everyone passed it around...

...Karen said it was the hit of the party...so there must have been some knitters there...HA!

~Have a lovely day!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely and beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about a treasure she'll keep for a lifetime. How long did that take you to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, imagine opening that present and discovering something so lovely. Not bought in a shop but made especially for you. Special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, it was beautiful and she (and all the ladies) were truly impressed! i'm hoping their October outside-wedding will be just a bit chilly in the evening so she'll need the shawl by the end of the night! you are such a sweet auntie!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! And such a great gift at she'll be able to use forever! Wel, unless it's hot out but still, forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, it's lovely! You're a FAST knitter; seems like you just started knitting and you've already finished!

    ReplyDelete