Tuesday, October 22, 2013

...refinishing cabinet handles...again...

...a little over a year ago...I repainted the hardware for our kitchen cabinets...you can read all about it here...
...and over the course of the year...with normal use...the finish had begun to wear a little...
...so I took them all off again...well not all of them...exactly six of them did not need refinishing...you know some cabinets you just don't open all that often...and scrubbed them all nice and clean...
...I left the cabinet door slightly ajar as there are magnets that hold them closed and they're more difficult to open without handles than I would have thought...

...and I left the hinges in place as they showed no sign of wear at all...
...scrubbed clean...
...let dry completely...water and spray paint do not mix...
...I followed the same routine as before...and even had the same domino effect a couple of times...HA!
...but in the end...all sides got another dusting of stainless steel...it was a lot faster without all of the hinges and screws...
...and when they were dry we put them all back on the doors...knowing we'll get at least another year's wear out of them...maybe even longer this time...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. They do look spiffy, a very pleasing shape as well as nicely spruced up.

    I thought of you today as I walked past a fir tree that has long needles. I think I remember that it is The Man's grandmother who makes charming baskets out of pine needles. Sad that such a useful skill might be lost but then there is youtube which says it has 12,100 results for making a pine needle basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, very nice...i'm impressed with how shiny clean your cabinets are staying!! mine are a disaster after 17 yrs! love, k

    ReplyDelete