Wednesday, November 13, 2013

...a Dr. Seuss Circle Themed Baby Blanket...

...this is the latest baby blanket I was telling you about...the young couple had mentioned that the nursery was done in a Dr. Seuss theme with circles...
...nothing special about the blanket...It's basically a stockinette stitch square with a single crocheted border...

...Cast on 110 stitches and work in stockinette stitch (knit 1 row, purl 1 row) for 120 rows...

...then work a single crochet border around the blanket using primary colours...I used red...then blue...then yellow...and finally green...

...the cream coloured blanket is Lion Brand Pound of Love in Antique White...and the other colours are Impeccable solids by Loops and Threads in bright colours...
...so I spread the little blankie out on the floor...got out some circles...and just sort of randomly spaced them around on the blanket...
...I traced around the circles with a pencil...
...so that's the pattern...it kind of looks like bubbles at this point...
...then I got out a crochet hook and the same primary colours I'd used on the border...and just did a chain stitch through the blanket...
...just poke the needle through from front to back...wrap the yarn around the needle...
...and pull it through to the top...

...it's a lot quicker than the embroidered chain stitch and the effect is basically the same...
...when I got to the end of the circle...I cut the yarn...
...and pulled the through to the top...
...and then back down through the first chain stitch...
...tied it off on the back...and tucked the ends in...
...then I did the same for the other circles...using the different colours of the border...
...finished and gifted...they loved it...and it went perfectly with their Dr. Seuss themed nursery...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. There are some lucky folks up there! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed this post! This is just adorable. What a fantastic, made with love present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite baby blanket you've shared so far. It is SUPER cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite baby blanket you've shared so far. It is SUPER cute!!

    ReplyDelete