Thursday, January 28, 2010

Swap Partners


My super sweet blogging buddy Maureen and I have had another little swap...

When I mentioned that I used to teach French - Maureen said that she was studying French and asked if I'd like to swap a couple of French books - I sent her an old college copy of Le Petit Prince (one of my favorite books of all time) and she sent me Annie Ernaux: La Place

...and being the super swap partner that she is - she also included a wonderful little light switch cover - and thereby she's given me a theme for my laundry room walls (currently unfinished) - I think I'll just paint the walls white and paste cutouts from old patterns on them with wallpaper paste - what do you think of that?

6 comments:

  1. how sweet! i think the old pattern idea is great - do you have some of those old patterns Mom used to have? i've got her old kenmore sewing machine (i don't use it, it's just stored in the utility room - but it does still work - straight stitch only, remember?) i'm sure the room will look fab!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea!!! I love the repurposing aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that's an awesome idea! - for your laundry room. :)

    and what a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Little Prince! My french has never been good enough to read it in the original language though . . . only two semesters in college, and one of those was a bit sketchy on grammar, mostly conversational :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's a super cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a really fun idea!

    ReplyDelete