Sunday, January 17, 2010

Robin's Egg Blue (pink/brown) Hat

It was about a year ago that I made the Robin's Egg Blue Hat and I just realized that I never showed it to you or put it in my Ravelry notebook...
...I finished it last January and I wear it quite a bit - Scout snapped a couple of pictures of me as I was coming back from walking the dog - he just loves the camera...

...so the story about the hat...
...I had a brown jacket...
...for some reason Scout and his Papa bought me (a knitter) a handknit scarf that they saw at a Bazaar - I'm guessing because it was brown (and pink) to go with my jacket - very sweet of them...
...so, the scarf was not knit by me - but it is very soft and warm - and I needed a hat to go with it...
...I found some bright pink yarn and some brown (both Caron Simply Soft) that sort of matched the scarf and I found Rachel's pattern for the robins egg blue hat and then I made some knitting needles - and knit the hat - it was a quick knit and I'm sorry I didn't show it to you sooner...
(note there's just a tiny scab on my nose from the Christmas Tree injury)

13 comments:

  1. The most important thing about a winter hat is that it covers the ears - this hat looks very good and fullfills the requirement.

    Glad the facial injury is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful! The color is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, you look good in pinks....i of course don't. milk man's daughter, i guess.

    saw your chickpea post - neat! those pancakes are similar to what i throw together as a veggie-burger. never thought about using that as something for breakfast.

    glad your face is better. love, k

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great hat and scarf! i love the shape of the hat - it's very pretty! and the color is very flattering to you! you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:53 AM

    The hat looks great. I'm going to check out that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a beautiful job of matching the colours of the hat to the scarf. I do love the colours too. Scout took great photos of you. I'm glad you used them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely hat and scarf - you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto to all the comments. You did a good match to the scarf and that hat looks snug and warm. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a pretty hat. I like it in pink tones and the button is a lovely finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hat is so lovely! You look very peaceful after your walk too! I've had that hat in my queue on Ravelry for I don't know how long, between this and Shalom I am starting to see I need to get busy with more knitting again!

    ReplyDelete