Friday, January 15, 2010

Afternoon Tea

Do you have a ritual snack time? Is it morning or afternoon? - I actually drink hot tea all day - just warmed up out of my big brown betty teapot - but Scout and I usually have Afternoon Tea when he gets home from school...
...y'all already know that I love tea - and my sweet sister Karen sent me some in my Christmas present - that I just love - it's Celestial Seasonings Nutcracker Sweet - isn't that the sweetest name ever! I usually have cream in my tea - so there's some silk creamer in the cup too...
...and the cookies that I almost got in the picture are MiDel Ginger Snaps - organic and so good!

4 comments:

  1. I love biscuits and got a recipe from a money saving site here in the UK. It was posted by a woman called 'Twink' - this is the recipe for Twink's Hob Nobs. (The Hob Nob is a popular brand of biscuits here). I have frozen them uncooked and cooked them from frozen, excellent!

    8oz Self Raising flour
    8oz sugar
    8oz porridge oats
    8oz butter/margarine
    1tbsp golden syrup
    1tbsp hot water
    1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
    mix flour, oats and sugar, melt butter, syrup and water in a pan stir in bic soda and add to dry mix, mix well, make smallish balls and put on greased tray and flatten slightly with a fork, 150degrees C for 10 mins, cool on the tray, you just want them golden in oven not brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say, I've added ground ginger to make a ginger nut type bikkie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so relaxing!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we have been for a walk, often in the afternoon, we love to come back and have a cup of tea.

    'Tea, the cup that cheers but not inebriates' As the Temperence Movement used to say.

    I am a frugal housewife, but tea is one thing I refuse to compromise on, it has to be 'Yorkshire Gold'.

    ReplyDelete