Monday, October 18, 2010

...Come on Retreat with me...the Music Room...

...I took our 4-5-6th graders to the Fall Ignite Retreat...

...they stayed in the dorms with their counselors and I stayed in the Music Room...

...Music is a fair and glorious gift of God....

...I was worried that the room would be a bit dark - it has a lot of black in it...

...but the walls are a lovely creamy pale yellow - and there were plenty of lights...

...there was a black papasan chair - I tried it - but prefered the gold velvet armchair for knitting...

...there were lots of little musical accents about the room too...

...the dresser was kinda crowded with musical paraphenalia...

...including a little dollhouse piano stating the group who donated the room...

...the room's sweet journal - for writing down your thoughts while staying here...I always write in the journals - and once I met one of the ladies who decorated the room I was staying in and she remembered that I had written in the journal - so they do get read...

...a music stand with a couple of recorders - there's music in the folder too - I do play the recorder - but not so sure about playing a public one...

...I meant to take a video of the shimmery light reflecting off the lake onto the walls...but I took a photo instead - not quite the same effect...

...I loved this little bit of stained glass - it was once part of a little Country Church - now closed and torn down - but this little glass lyre lives on here at camp...

7 comments:

  1. I love the stained glass the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely room ! ! I know they always have 'theme' rooms and you got a good one. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful room :-) Very cosy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey T, You're one cool chicky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall Middle School Church Retreats are some of the best memories of my life. Thanks for bringing back such warm thoughts to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, what a comfy room!

    love, k

    hehe less than a day now!! i wanna be a cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stained glass is so pretty. What a comfortable music room! Be well, Angela

    ReplyDelete