Tuesday, October 12, 2010

...at the Church Basement Sale...

...I scored TWO awesome 50¢ finds at a local church basement sale over the weekend...

...first is a very colourful rainbow bag/backpack - you know I can't resist another tote...this one had a patch on the front with the Church logo - it was probably used as a quiet bag...and it was a couple of minute's easy work to take that off...

...now I have a perfect little backpack tote for my latest knitting project...

...and find #2 was this banana stand also for 50¢ - we used to have one exactly like it - but I've not seen it since the move to ND - over 5 years ago...

...I love Church Basement Sales - How about you? Have you ever gotten a deal at a Church Basement Sale?...

8 comments:

  1. love that banana holder! so cute. and that photo is so lovely - the light looks so pretty streaming through the window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag! I don't remember making any finds at church basement sales but I don't get to them very often as they all seem to happen in the busy season of Fall/autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Church sales are THE BEST! So is the $15 rocker my husband and I scored at the Goodwill this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:44 PM

    I love thrift stores and church charity shops. You can always find treasures there. Sorry I haven't stopped to comment lately - I have been reading, but haven't been spending much time on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that rainbow tote. Looks like new. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have Church Sales, but we do have bazaars. Last year I got some lovely mugs at 50pence each, several splendid books and met a woman who had been taught by Iris Murdoch at university!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some great finds! I don't have much luck at those finds. If I went more often, that would probably change! ;) Peace, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was at my 2nd knitting class last night and right before I left I thought.."I need a really cute knitting bag." I am glad I am not the only one who thinks like that. Projects are more fun when they are toted around in a cute bag.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete