Monday, October 11, 2010

Troop Shoot - 2010

I think I've mentioned that we are having absolutely gorgeous warm fall weather... ...so we headed out to the shooting range with the Boy Scouts for some fun with guns... ...it really does amaze me how much boys like these things... ...Ha! I caught the little puff of smoke on film - hahaha - not really I cut and pasted that out of a video... ...a lot of reloading - Scout shot about 300 rounds by himself...the local gun club supplied the 22 shells and the shotgun shells and manned the site for safety... ...there were all these wooden contraptions standing around - very interesting... ...I thought maybe they were playing old west...well sort of - they have competitions where they have to run through a course and shoot at targets from behind these 'toys'... ...there were a couple of wooden horses too - they have to climb on and off of...I'd like to see that... ...not sure what the coffin is for though... ...Cease Fire! first and then running out to look at the targets... ...here is Scout's first one - he started out low - but is doing much better now... ...then Scout and his buds headed up the hill for some skeet... ...getting ready...safety - check... ...pull!... ...Scout had so much fun with this... ...they shot in rounds of 5 each.... ...such a fun afternoon...of course they offered to let me shoot - but I said - nope - only with the camera...


...here's how it's done...

7 comments:

  1. Greg would have been in heaven. Sara is officially a Daisy Scout. I'm sure he'll want to teach the girls to shoot (someday!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys and firearms do seem to go well together. Owen is happy to stick with his bb gun ~ the rifle he tried is just too loud for him.

    I have always wanted to try skeet shooting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I let my son have toy guns but many other parents I knew didn't allow it. Their boys simply improvised and used something else.

    Back in the 1950's most of the little boys I knew at school simply made a 'gun' with their hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog....we have all girls but they still like to hunt and shoot skeet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:22 PM

    What a fun day!
    My boys love to shoot also. I do occasionally. It is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the most enjoyable dates I went on involved shooting clay pigeons. So fun! I also love the wooden coach and horse. Great pics:) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny-cutting and pasting in smoke! ;)
    Peace, Angela

    ReplyDelete