Thursday, September 14, 2023

...9.14...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...so...because of the special post on Monday...I didn't show y'all the grocery haul...such as it is...
...I didn't really do a big shopping trip...but stopped twice while I was running other errands and picked up a few things...
...Silk Pumpkin Spice is BACK...YAY!...
...and our Food Lion has a 'local' section in the produce area...and I got the corn and this green tomato there...I'm going to fry this baby...and it won't fall apart like the last semi-green one did...
...and I got two boxes of Gorilla Munch...it was on sale for $1.49...and it looks like fun...in fact...this box is open because I ate about half the box on the way home...haha...
...and the second stop...nothing really of note except the watermelon...
...on sale for $3.99...they had been $8.99 earlier in the season...
...and it's a good one too...so sweet and juicy...
...stowed it away to munch on...it's all for me as the Man doesn't like watermelon...so weird...HA!

...so now back to what I ate...
...mushroom toast sounded good for breakfast...
...so...just sauteed some mushrooms and poured them over toast...it was yummy...
...then for lunch I decided to make some Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice (Copycat)...I wanted to use up the rest of the cilantro that's been hanging around the fridge for weeks...still nice and fresh though...amazing...
...Nanny's old juicer for the limes...
...mixed into a big bowl of brown rice...
...it's a very pretty dish...and it smells amazing...the Man is not a fan...so I just ruined a big bowl of rice according to him...haha...
...so lunch was black beans and cilantro lime rice...and an orange...
...afternoon snack was a couple of little finger sandwiches...
...cucumber and violife cream cheese...still loving all of the delicious cucumbers got from our parishoner...
...for dinner...I fried up the green tomato...dredged in soymilk...
...then cornmeal...
...and fried...
...until crispy and golden...
...steamed some broccoli and boiled the corn...
...the Man made a tasty veganaise and dijon sauce for the field roast sausages...and it was all delicious...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Your food all looks yummy as usual....since I don't get the posts daily anymore, I'll just tell you what we ate yesterday. Got up late and wasn't really hungry (leftover Covid symptom) so I just had coffee until about 1PM. A report from Duane's sister from the rehab place - that Granny was served tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich - and she says she hates those items.....but I LOVE that meal. So it inspired me to make it for our lunch. Duane was not impressed either.....and then just a fancy store bought frozen pizza - mushroom and spinach - wasn't the greatest, although it looked wonderful. And some mint choc chip ice cream. Not a healthy day! Love, K

    ReplyDelete