Friday, September 15, 2023

...9.15...Friday Update...

...Posting some comments to blog friends here...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...so sorry about your Covid episode...but very glad it was mild...and hubbie too...

...to Beth from BLD in MT : Living a Simple Life in This Interconnected World ...Hi Beth...your eggplants look amazing...I like eggplant...but the Man loves it...and your chick'n in red wine sauce looks wonderful too...

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...so happy that you got to spend some time with your grandbabies...I've got some grandbaby envy for you...haha...only kidding...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...your asian soup looks so comforting and delicious...and I do love a good vegan Reuben...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...loved your gardening Q&A...and all of the flower pictures...so beautiful...

...on the reading front...I've read a few more Agatha Christie books:

I finished reading Dead Man's Folly 1956
The Burden 1956 - the last of the Mary Westmacott books...it was really good too... 4.50 from Paddington 1957
Ordeal by Innocence 1958
Cat Among the Pigeons 1959
The Pale Horse 1961
The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side 1962
The Clocks 1963
A Caribbean Mystery 1964
At Bertram's Hotel 1965
Third Girl 1966
...and I'm currently reading Endless Night 1967 - this one is really different as it's told in the first person by the murderer...no detective at all...
...this is also from last weekend...we made another batch of sauerkraut...using up the huge cabbage my sweet brother and sister in law gave us...
...it was so juicy and good I'm sure it's going to make wonderful kraut...
...the Man wants to let it cure for four weeks instead of our usual three...we'll see...maybe it will be kraut-ier...
...and our little yellow tomato plant is still going strong...I'm blown away by how many little tomatoes this guy has produced...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness there are a lot of Agatha Christie books!!! I just chopped up the last of my "big" cabbage head yesterday as well! I made a big bowl of coleslaw and boiled the rest. I put that in baggies in the freezer to use later. Only so much cabbage you can consume in one day!! haha. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can never go wrong with an agatha Christie book in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete