Monday, September 25, 2023

...9.25...Over the Weekend...

...started the weekend with vegan waffles...always good...
...the Man and I had often commented on the billboards we'd seen around Charlotte that the Number #1 thing to do in Charlotte was to see the Billy Graham Library...and we both thought...that just can't be possible...the Number One thing...really...

...so of course we decided to see what all the hype was about...
...well...for one thing...it is really beautiful...
...and these perfect early fall days have the perfect weather too...
...they moved his entire childhood home...
...the beautiful entrance to his parent's home...he grew up on a farm...
...I absolutely loved this home...
...everything was painted in this peaceful pale blue...
...and the tour guide told us that the colour was chosen by Graham's mother in the 1940's and never changed...
...we have a sideboard almost exactly like this one...it belonged to the Man's grandmother...
...the staircase...we couldn't go upstairs...but I imagine the bedrooms were up there...
...the kitchen was so adorable...
...I loved everything done in white and blue in here too...
...leaving the back of the house...
...after the house tour...we walked over to the Library...it's like a big barn...
...the crepe myrtle lined paths...
...and inside...it's rather huge...
...there was a self guided tour that starts with his early life on the farm...so there is a talking cow...
...and a cat that moves too...
...and then you're guided through little vignettes of Graham's life...the tent revival...and the beginnings of his preaching...
...the radio program...
...and his fame and prominence as a pastor to world leaders...
...his Bible...
...and someof his early typewritten sermons...
...so it really was worthwhile...I enjoyed our visit...
...lots of groceries this week...
...nothing much of note...I did pick up some interesting Mexican mushrooms to try..they're labeled vegan...it's always nice to see that...
...and I hardly ever pick up anything at the counter...but for some reason I was really thirsty so I got this tasty flavored water out of the end of the counter fridge...it was good...
...at Food Lion...they were giving out these pink roses to the 'ladies' in the line...and the man behind me asked if he could have one for his wife...and I actually thought they ought to be offering them to everyone anyway...I didn't even know that Food Lion sold flowers...maybe this is a new thing...
...I put it into a little bud vase when I got home...
...and it is turning out to be one of the prettiest roses I've ever had...
...the little bud vase was given to me by my Mom...she said it was the one that Grandma sent her pink roses in when she was in the hospital having me...
...on the food prep front...I think the only thing I did was to bake some bread...
...still loving my new breadmaker...thanks Sissie...
...and I put all of the little bits of leftovers into the muffin tin to freeze them for later...little bits like this are so easy to wind up wasting...
...and our little yellow tomato plant is still giving us tomatoes...but with the cooler weather I imagine he'll be slowing down soon...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. I've already talked to you about this on the phone....but I did want to compliment your rose. That is very sweet. And that bread looks delicious! Looks very grainy - did you tweak another recipe? Love, K

    ReplyDelete