Saturday, September 02, 2023

...9.2...OK...I'm back...

...what an ordeal that was...

...it took me hours and hours to copy all of my files...but very few of them are now on this computer...only my \projects\blog and \projects\blog\2023...all of the rest of my gazillion files are now on thumb drives...and once 2023 is over the files on this new computer will move too...that way...the next time this happens...I'll be much better prepared...I already had all of my photos organized by year...then if I just sort by date within a folder it's pretty easy to find a particular photo...I can usually (HA) remember what year something happened...

...and y'all know that I'm not a creature who loves change...and I definitely don't love Windows 11...but I'm sure it will grow on me...

...and now I'm sure you want to know where I am with dolly's clothes...
...I finished her wide leg trousers...they have a weird short row bit at the top...that I don't think I'll do again...it's very fiddly to work on these small needles...and I don't think it's necessary...but the trousers have the cutest little details...beltloops and pockets...so cute...
...and then I made this cute purple tee shirt without a pattern...just a rectangle with a scoop neck for the front and a rectangle without a scooped neck for the back... and then I just picked up the stitches for the sleeves...
...so now she has another 'outfit'...
...and then I immediately cast on for a little maillot...and I didn't have a pattern for that either...
...but you remember her little white undies...I sort of used that pattern...it's knit and I wanted this to be stockinette...so the undies were really just a starting point...

...so she had several 'fittings' for that...
...and I really could not be happier with the way the little one piece swimsuit turned out...
...it fits her perfectly...and it will be easy for little fingers to take on and off...
...a couple more photos...because I want to remember what I did on this one...
...so I can repeat it for Little Sissie's dolly...I think she'll get a red maillot...
...and then I cast on for a pair of jeans...in blue...of course...and the jeans don't have the short rows that the trousers had...so for the next dolly...I'm probably going to combine the two patterns...I'm actually doing that for these as well...because the jeans pattern has kind of tight legs...and I don't think they'll be easy for dressing...so I'm going to make the top of the jeans using that pattern...you can see the little beltloops and the bigger pockets here...and then I'm going to switch back to the wide legs for the jeans...just to make it easier for the girlies to dress their dollies...
...let's see...what else can we catch up on...we are once again the recipients of other people's garden bounty...and we are so thankful...fresh picked vine ripened tomatoes are just about the best things ever...
...and for Dinner and a Movie that I missed...the Man made a delicious Greek marinade for the tofu...and then cooked it on the grill...
...so that was really delicious...

...and then the movie was my choice...and an actual movie this time too...I chose King Richard...based on my sweet sissie's recommendation...and it was really good...it's the true story of Richard Williams the father of Venus and Serena...I recommend it...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! I'll have to pass through this adventure this week too since i'm getting another computer. I hate those changes! Have a lovely week and enjoy those beautiful tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. her swimsuit is the sweetest thing ever!! Glad you conquered the technology :)

    ReplyDelete