Wednesday, September 27, 2023

...9.27...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...progress on the Simply Red Bolero...so far...not a lot...

...because...
...I made another quick double crochet cotton dishcloth to enclose with Mom's birthday card...the four of us siblings actually got her a larger gift together...so this is not her only present...haha...
...wrapped it up in a pretty pink paper and added a complementary flower as a 'bow'...

...and...
...the Prayer Shawl group is meeting on Saturday...and I want to 'turn in' my latest finished lap-ghan...

...remember someone else started this afghan with the light dusty pink...and it was a bit wonky...and had started to taper...maybe one of our newer crocheters as tension problems like that are pretty common with newbies...so I used all of the dusty pink that was in the bin with this afghan...then added a really light pink...then a darker dusty rose colour and another one that is almost a lilac with a pink-y hue...and then at the end I tried to mimic the little bit of flare from the beginning...and added in some tiny bits of leftover yarn from the closet at the Church...

...but I'm done with that now...so I'll get crackin' on the Simply Red...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...


~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. So nice that you rescued and finished this one! Boat projects in the basket.... Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so busy with my continued decluttering, sorting and cleaning that I haven't made much. This refrain is getting old, lol. But I did make 2 knitted dishcloths with some yarn a friend sent from England.

    ReplyDelete