Monday, September 18, 2023

...9.18...Over the Weekend...

...as I mentioned in the last post...this is the weekend of the Car Show over at the Church...
...so much fun...and so many cars...
...and my dear friend Amy came...
...and after the car show was over...we went out together for a nice long chat...and a vegan lunch...
...we checked the mail before we left and I got a late birthday card from another dear old friend...she missed my birthday because she was walking the Camino...I can't wait to catch up with her and hear all about it...we were pregnant with our boys at the same time...and she's such a wonderful person...
...and then since it was getting late in the afternoon...I asked Amy if she'd like to go grocery shopping with me...hahaha...and of course she said yes...we were really just walking around talking and it is just as easy to do that in the grocery store as on the sidewalk...
...first stop...just a few things...and at the checkout they had these watermelon chews...and I was a little bit snacky...and they're labled vegan...
...and from the scratch and dent bin...I got two cans of chickpeas and a can of coconut milk...
...for a very few cents each...
...then we did a proper shop...and Amy got a few things too...
...of note...the beyond chicken was buy one get one free...
...and we stopped at the Mexican tienda...and got a few things...perfectly ripe avocados...some broad beans...and a kobucha...
...and this came from Amazon...and was on the steps when we got home...
...so when we got home...I made a quick guacamole and Amy sat for a while longer and talked with the Man...as he was too busy for us at the Car Show...haha...
...after Church on Sunday...we got all this wonderful veg...so you know what we're having for supper...
...and I made a gingerbread...
...this is the one with the Guinness beer in it that I've made before...
...and it turned out perfectly... >
...and before dinner...I decided to tackle a job that's been bugging me for a long time...I cleared out the silverware drawer...washed and dried everything and put it back...
...sorted through all the silverware...and put a few things in the pile to donate...
...then put it all back in the clean drawer...
...huge sigh...and so glad that's done...and that blue box at the back is Nanny's nut cracker and pick set...
...and I washed the guest room sheets...the floral one we got as a wedding gift...the solid pink bottom sheet wore out and went away...but the pink flowered top sheet is still so soft and pretty...
...I had heard that you can cook and eat sweet potato leaves...and I wanted to try it out...
...so I gathered a bunch of gorgeous vines...
...took them inside and stipped the leaves...
...and washed them 547 times...ha!
...and cooked them like spinach...it made a lot!...
...and I Griddler-ed some of that fresh squash and a sweet potato...
...and this is my colorful dinner plate...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. How did the sweet potato leaves taste? Looks like a busy weekend!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete