Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hubbard Squash

I love Hubbard Squash - it's so much better than pumpkin - IMHO. I got a medium sized Hubbard at a church rummage sale this past weekend, and finally got around to working it up. A lot of it went into the freezer in cute little cup sized rounds.

I wish I had taken a picture of it before I cut it up...

here it is all nicely roasted...

measured and ready for the pie - I needed 2 cups for the pie - Bryanna's Pumpkin Pie - http://www.veganconnection.com/recipes/pumpkin_pie.htm...

The pie all wrapped and tucked into the toaster oven - I'm trying to use the big oven as little as possible...

The finished pie - YUM!

And the leftovers all tucked up for a nice little sleepover in the freezer...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:08 PM

    The idea of buying a squash at a church rummage sale really cracks me up.

    old stuffed animals, vintage hankies, 70s yarn, scratched LPs, retro dresses, mismatched tupperware, oh wait, here's a squash! Let's have it for dinner!

    I realize that people are donating whatever they have, so I assume there were other garden products. But I've never been to a sale with produce before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't grow any in my small garden so I was thrilled to see it - relegated to the floor while the other 'rummage' occupied tables.

    ReplyDelete