Thursday, April 05, 2012

...WIP...Wednesday...on uhm...Thursday...and a QUESTION for you...


...I did get quite a bit of knitting done on our little trip...the collar is finished...and Scout and I are both reading Life as We Knew It...hence the two bookmarks...it's fun discussing it (I've read the last chapter already - of course)...

...as is one sleeve...more or less...I did not pack my circular #8s so I converted the pattern a little bit and knit the sleeve on straight needles...this is the picture of the smooth side of the Stockinette Stitch...as intended by the pattern...

...and this is the bumpy purl side of the sleeve...

...now the QUESTION:

Which side do you prefer?...I need to decide before I knit the aqua colour at the bottom of the sleeve as my 'side' choice will determine which side the colour change shows on...

...I'm going to continue with the second sleeve...the grey part...in the meantime...and either way...I'm using just the knit stitch on the coloured border...if that helps you decide...

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't even noticed that the sleeves were not the same as the body. sigh. I'm knitting this now, so there really isn't any excuse. From the pictures I like the one as the pattern says. I'm tempted to make mine in all garter stitch, though. I am curious why it makes so much difference which is the right side just because of changing color, but I guess when I get there I'll find out. I am starting over on mine, although I am at the 3" contrasting bottom point. I'm getting used to Continental style knitting, and my guage was so uneven at the start that I have one huge (now...I tried to 'fix' it) hole near the bottom, so I'm going to unravel it to that point and try again. This pattern is having the desired end of getting used to the new style of knitting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the smooth side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i vote for the bumpy side....hmmmm...wonder what that says about me!! love, k

    ReplyDelete