Friday, May 24, 2013

...a new mug rug...

...I needed a new little mug rug...for when my little lamb is in the wash or at another table...

...and a quick internet search found this cute wiggly crochet pattern...

...I'd never done any 'Wacky Crochet' before and was intrigued by the patterns available for this stitch...it's fun...and easy...
...you make the base using regular flat crochet...
...and then you just crochet around the 'posts' of the base stitches to make this three dimensional trivet...
...my only surviving Lovefest mug (from Old Salem...when Amy lived in Winston Salem and we used to go there all the time)...and it even has it's handle glued back on...mine is so old now that they've even changed the style a bit...but if you go here you can see one exactly like mine still in use at a 150 year old church...
...I love my sweet-poufy-wacky-wiggly mug rug...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. And very sweet it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I've been thinking that I need to knit (or crochet) some little coasters for sweaty summer drinks.

    ReplyDelete