Monday, August 08, 2022

...8.8...Over the Weekend...

...I picked up the InstaCart order...
...we got another big box of tomatoes...
...and more than one tomato sandwich was consumed...
...and we got some perfectly ripe and sweet cantaloupe...we'd gotten one at the grocery store a while ago...and it was so disappointing...so these are cherished...
...some corn ready for the freezer...
...another big box of squash, zucchini and cucumbers...
...the beans got washed and snapped...
...and cooked...
...and we blanched a bunch of corn...
...and got that ready for the freezer too...
...I took everything out from under the sink and gave that messy space a good scrubbin'...
...and I'd gotten this brand new navy blue kitchen towel...taking a cue from my sweet sissie to have a few "non-white" ones on hand...but look what happened to it on it's very first trip through the laundry...
...so disappointing...even Jack-Jack looks disgusted with it...doesn't he?...
...so I took it straight downstairs to the sewing machine...and stitched it up with a nice wide zig-zag...
...I ran stitches up one side and down the other...trying to capture all of those undone threads...
...and then...just for good measure...I pre-emptively stitched up the other side too...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, so glad you are back and posting again. I laughed at the kitchen towel repair, how many times I too have used the good old zigzag stitch to repair everyday items, it is a truly useful utility stitch.

    The tomato slices in your sandwich look divine :)

    Take care,

    Bean

    ReplyDelete