Monday, April 15, 2024

...4.15...Over the Weekend...and Jury Duty...

...posting rather late today...as I just got home from Jury Duty...it was very interesting...I was part of a jury pool for a criminal drug trafficking trial...but I was not chosen...my number wasn't even called...but the whole glimpse into how our judicial system works was pretty fascinating...and I definitely recommend it...
...but we started the weekend with a big brunch...I made waffles...this one stuck to the top and I had to pry it off...haha...
...the Griddler is the best way to make a quick tofu scramble as it cooks from both the top and the bottom at the same time...
...and I threw a beyond sausage patty on there as well..
...when it was done...I removed it to a bowl...
...and without cleaning the Griddler I just tossed on some peppers and onions...
...and browned them up nicely...
...then I scrambled together the tofu peppers and onions...and topped it with a slice of Violife cheddar...it was such a hearty filling breakfast/brunch...
...I cooked some greens in the instant pot for later this week...
...and then of course I did the weekly grocery shop...nothing new except the Gardein Ultimate crumbles...
...I baked a VERY DENSE loaf of whole wheat bread...because... ...for some unknown reason...we'd bought a case of this bulgur wheat during the pandemic...and then realized that we didn't really like it...I mean...it's ok for tabouli...but not a lot else that we make regularly...so lately I've been grinding it up a bit and making a cooked breakfast cereal reminiscent of Wheat Hearts...if you happen to remember those...and it's pretty good with brown sugar like we had it when we were kids...but I had the brainwave that I could also use my Vitamix to grind it into a proper flour...haha...
...and it worked somewhat...I just don't think I have quite the right texture...and maybe I need to add some high gluten flour to the mix...because it's a very dense and moist loaf...I'll definitely still eat it though...
...and then the microgreens that we'd planted were ready to harvest...so I just gave the whole container a crew cut...
...and sadly...I wound up with a large handful of microgreens...
...just enough for two rather small salads...so that was disappointing...and actually quite expensive...$3 for the seeds...and they won't grow any more greens once they're harvested...I can't imagine doing that every time I wanted a bit of greens on my salad...oh well...a fun experiment...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you weren't chosen for the jury. My one experience years ago was very interesting as I did hear the trial and deliberated for a guilty verdict. And too bad the micro greens didn't turn out cost effective.....love,K

    ReplyDelete