Thursday, April 25, 2024

...4.25...Delicious Vegan Food we ate...

...not all eaten at once...but just a few random (or odd) things that we ate this week that were delicious...
...first up...I'm pretty picky about how I like to eat a banana...I like just a few brown spots...you've seen me try to get varying degrees of green-ness on bananas in my grocery shops...just so that there is ONE good banana to eat each day...

...how do you like your bananas...I have a friend that won't eat a banana if there are ANY brown spots...and another one that likes them pretty green...eeeuuuwww...
...we made these delicious crunchy garbanzos...recipe here...
...I made just a couple of vegan buttermilk biscuits for brekkie one day...
....really delicious...topped half with the Man's pineapple jam...and half with the Man's Mom's strawberry freezer jam...
...and finally another kind of weird fruit...when I was growing up Mom would make halved grapefruits for us for breakfast...she would slit all of the segments and top each half with a hefty spoonful or two of sugar...I liked it...sweet and tart and a little bit bitter...

...way back when I was teaching...the Japanese teacher used to bring a whole grapefruit almost every day for lunch...and we'd sit together in our classrooms and share a little break...and she would just peel the grapefruit and eat the segments...like I would do with an orange...and I didn't think that I would like it like that...but surprisingly...I actually do...this one is a ruby red one so it's pretty sweet naturally...

...so...how do you eat your grapefruit?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I don't often eat grapefruit....not sure why because I do like them. I love Fresca, haha, sortof grapefruity.... I guess I like them both ways, peeled and halved like mom used to serve. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cooked a batch of chick peas! Thanks for the crunchy garbanzos recipe! I'm not picky at all with bananas, as long as they are not green! ;-) Haha! When i was in high school, i used to eat grapefruits just like oranges. When i say that to my kids they think i was totally crazy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete