Friday, November 19, 2010

...Vegan Food...and an OOOPS!...

...y'all know that I live in a very small town - with no health food/vegan food stores...

...our local grocery store does it's best to stock some vegan items for me - and I'm very grateful for this...

...but I still do some online shopping for the more, shall we say...eccentric... items - especially some of those called for by my passion...er...um...I meant project...The Vegan Version...y'all know that Julia uses some 'meat' (that's an understatement) and I do my best to replicate what I can...but I have lamb and goose to come up with...

...well believe it or not - I found both of those online at VegeCyber...

...and I'm usually so excited to receive a big box of vegan goodies...

...but when I unpacked - I noticed that the 'salmon' is NOT vegan - OOOPS! - and it's my bad too - because it plainly lists the ingredients online...

...anywhoo...I'll be donating that bad boy to the local food pantry...and trying to come up with another substitute for salmon...and The Vegan Version will flounder on...er...um...I meant forge ahead with vegan goose and vegan seafood and vegan lamb...

...any suggestions for Vegan Salmon will be greatly appreciated...

7 comments:

  1. Hope your hunt is successful. Veganism is definitely the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several health food/natural food shops in my city and yet I've yet to see any vegan lobster, vegan prawn, vegan lamb or vegan salmon! Amazing what we have available to us huh? Makes me laugh when people ask, "What do you eat?" As for the salmon, I've no good ideas here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I know how hard it is to find the food you need. Of course where I live it can be hard, but I can only imagine trying to find these different foods. Wow! I haven't seen any vegan lobster etc here. I have seen plenty of Tofurkey for some reason.
    Peace, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting. I didn't even think you could get vegan lobster etc. good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever seen vegan salmon product. A lot of the vegetarian "fish" stuff at the Asian markets seem to have egg in them for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy no specialty foods like that around you! Good luck in your search:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:59 PM

    It looks like you're going to have fun with all these "meats." Bummer about the salmon though. Good luck hunting for some. (I can't be much help because I only just learned these types of things existed.)

    ReplyDelete