Monday, May 27, 2024

...5.27...Over the Weekend...

...we did a minimal amount of decorating for this solemn holiday...I added some ties to some small flags...white for the back porch and black for the mailbox...
...I also put the larger ones on the front porch...
...we got just a sprinkling of rain...I really wanted a lot of rain...everything is getting so dried out...
...I did the regular shopping...
...nothing unusual at all...I'm still trying to find a milk replacement for my beloved Silk 10 grams protein...that they apparently no longer make...this week I'm trying Ripple...it's kind of spendy though...we'll see...
...not sure I've showed you my trick for keeping mushrooms fresh...but mine always get slimy if I leave the plastic on...
...so I just pull that off before I ever put them into the fridge...and then I wrap a clean kitchen towel over the top and secure it with a rubber band...they'll seriously keep a couple of weeks like this...

...now for a what's blooming update...
...my Mother's Day hyacinth...pink and white so far...
...the hibiscus Mom gave me...
...ALL the lillies...
...they're so pretty along the walkway...
...I love this lemony yellow one...
...and all the Plains Coreopsis bloomed...
...so I cut a bunch and brought it inside...it's so pretty and cheerful...
...and the lavender is blooming as well...it smells so nice when you get out of the car...
...this Japanese star lily did not bloom last year...it's pretty spectacular and unlike the day lilies...it's bloom lasts for a few days...
...and we harvested the first batch of basil...this is the one that I got at the grocery store and then stuck in the ground...not sure it would survive...but it did great...
...I gave it a rinse and took off all the leaves...and laid them on a piece of waxed paper...
...added another piece of paper and another layer of leaves...
...three layers...and then I put them all into a ziplock baggie and put them in the freezer...

...we still have the much smaller plants that we grew from seed...so those will continue to grow and give us fresh basil over the summer and then I'll probably harvest whatever is left in the fall and freeze it as well...and we'll have delicious fresh basil all winter...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. OOOh, those blooms are pretty!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many beautiful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete