Wednesday, May 15, 2024

...5.15...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I've got SO...SO MUCH to show you...as I've not been able to post about any of these things since I started them...
...so let's start with Sissie's gift...when she was here last summer I 'fixed' one of her over the handle dishtowels and she said how much she loved them...so I thought I'd make her a couple more...and while the printed kitchen towels are very cute and colourful...
...I find that they are just not the most absorbent kind...
...so I got a regular 100% cotton bath-type hand towel...
...and found a pretty yarn in my stash that matched it pretty well...
...so I weighed it...of course...to see if I'd have enough to make two hand towels...probably not...but I can refer to this photo when I've finished the first one and if I still have half of that amount left...I'll embark on the second one...
...then I cut the towel in half...
...zig-zagged the edge...
...and then turned under a tiny bit and stitched that down to make a neat top edge...
...refolded it in thirds...
...and marked every 1/4 inch...
...because I'm not really a fan of the way the blanket stitch yarn dips down into the fabric...
...so I wanted the marks to make my chain stitch embroidery even....
...and then it was just a quick double crochet...decreasing every other stitch until I got down to 5 stitches...leavning a buttonhole on the next to the last row...and I found the perfect button for the first one...and the second one I found another green cotton yarn in my stash that also sort of matched the towel...
...and then I added a light blue cotton dishcloth...as Sissie doesn't like the white ones...

...now on to Mom's dishcloth...you have seen a glimpse of this one last week...
...this is the pattern that I sketched out in Excel for Mom's sweet "Cat Mom" dishcloth...trying to capture the cute little upturned Kitten face...haha...
...and then just knit the pattern in stockinette stitch...this time I'm just using one row per row on the spreadsheet...
...and I think maybe using the two rows and a true garter stitch in the pattern area is better...because I find this pattern is a little bit hard to see...
...better in the 'shade' for some reason...
...and then I wanted to make a cute little candy filled matchbox for my niece and nephew...so I used these directions...it was so so easy...and I can imagine this little box would be useful for lots of things...gift cards too...
...so I just measured and made all the cuts and folds...
...and glued it together...
...clothes pins are so handy for that...
...decorated the little lids...
...made a little half circle cut out to make it easier to open...and stuffed them with candy...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...and like me...what's been there longer than a week?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the hand towels!! You are correct, the 100% cotton is SOOOO much nicer on the hand. It does really work a lot better. I'd never really thought about that before. Thanks!!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete