Friday, April 13, 2007

Guacamole - or as the Man-Cub calls it Whack-A-Mole-y

He really did have a Whack-A-Mole game for a while when he was younger - seems sort of mean doesn't it - whacking little moles - a gift from his Grandma J.

We were at the grocery store buying the goods to make tacos and the Man-Cub carried about 6 avocados (all he could get in his arms) over the the "buggy" - that's a word no one uses up here - they say cart - I told the Man-Cub to "go put the buggy up" one day and the clerk looked at me like I was from another planet. She said "you're not from around here are you?" I laughed and asked how she would have said it - "go put the cart away" was the answer. Anyway, I asked him what he wanted 6 avocados for and he said for Whack-A-Moley - I said that would go perfectly with dinner - and kept the ripest of his avocados and put the rest back.

This is my recipe - if I got it from somewhere - I don't remember where - and this is how I always make it - nice and mild.

1 ripe avocado - pulse in food processor or mash with a fork
1 medium tomato
About 1/2 a medium onion - chopped fine - I microwave it for about 30 seconds just to take a bit of the edge off.
1/2 a can of chopped green chiles - if you can get them fresh - that would be better - but of course I can't get them fresh...
1 T. lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

That's all there is to it. Served here with my "homemade" corn chips - really just fat-free corn tortillas cut into eighths and baked for a few minutes until crisp - they're the best...

0 comments:

Post a Comment