Saturday, June 30, 2007

This is fun...

Grab the nearest book.
1. Open it to page 161.
2. Find the fifth full sentence.
3. Post the text of the sentence along with these instructions.
4. Don’t search around looking for the coolest book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.

The two closest books were - "Midwest Gem, Fossil and Mineral Trails- Great Lakes States" by June Culp Zeitner and "Midwest Gem, Fossil and Mineral Trails - Prairie States" also by June Culp Zeitner and both of those books only have about 130 pages - so I had to get up and find the next nearest book...

Which was "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath...

"The gray rock mocked me, bobbing on the water easy as a lifebuoy."

I never read this book - but I remember it being quite popular in the 70's. Gosh I'm old...

Someone gave me the book before we left SC - it seems like a sad book - maybe I'll read it...

4 comments:

  1. I will post as instructed on my blog. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - i like this quote much more than the one from the book i had at hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey again - i didn't realize that this was on your blog first....didn't read (backward) far enough!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, yep - I'm not sure I'm up to reading a depressing book though. I think this one is fiction, but a lot of it is autobiographical too. Tell me about Ender's Game...

    LOve,

    T

    ReplyDelete