Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Best Banana Bread Ever...


I've been playing around with Banana Bread Recipes for a long time...

But I'll stop now - because I've created the absolute best Vegan Banana Bread ever...

Of course I sliced into it and ate this piece (the end pieces are the best) while it was still steaming...

Best Ever Banana Bread
3/4 cup sugar
2 T canola oil
Egg Replacer to replace 2 eggs - I used Red Mill Egg Replacer 2 T in 1/3 cup of water.
1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas - mine were frozen - whenever we have one that's gone too ripe I just stick it in the freezer to use for bread.
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Heat oven to 350ยบ. Grease bottom only of loaf pan. Sift together flour, soda, salt and baking powder. Mix sugar, egg replacer and oil until creamy. Add water and bananas and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients until just blended. Pour into pan. Bake about 1 hour.

4 comments:

  1. mmmmm! You have me in a baking mood now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great recipe! I've actually been thinking about learning some vegan baking techniques over the last month or so. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom, Sarah and Rachel - this recipe is pretty low fat compared to a lot of banana bread recipes I've tried and it's still moist and sweet - I kept reducing the oil and sugar until I found the perfect mix - I hope you all like it.

    ReplyDelete