Monday, October 19, 2009

Broccoli Soup

With snow you need soup...
...I saw this yummy soup at Soule Mama and thought it would be easy to veganize...
...really the only change was silk for the cream - and I didn't have any leeks so I threw in a few carrots instead...
...it was so pretty when I poured it into the pot...

...and stirred it in - that I'm thinking next time I make this I'll add the Silk right in the bowl for a pretty effect...


Broccoli Soup

6-8 cups broccoli, chopped
4 medium sized potatoes, cut into chunks
6-7 baby carrots
1 onion peeled and cut into chunks
1/3 cup Silk Soy Creamer
water or vegetable stock
1 teaspoon salt
ground pepper

Place broccoli, potatoes, carrots, salt and onion in a soup pot. Fill with water (or stock) until everything is just barely covered. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, until broccoli is very tender.

Puree until smooth. Add desired amount of creamer. Add pepper. Adjust salt, if necessary.

2 comments:

  1. hey! i can't believe you've got snow!! it's been chilly here, but i think we get up near 80 towards the end of the week. have fun - soup looks yummy and cozy.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love improvising on ingredients it's what makes the recipe your own. The soup looks just the thing to warm you on a chilly day.

    ReplyDelete