Friday, June 08, 2012

Tea for two...

...y'all know how much I love tea...not a day goes by that I don't drink at least a quart or two...

...so I was really surprised when this package arrived...as I had not ordered it...

...of course it was the Man who ordered it...just as a sweet surprise for me...

...the first one I opened was the Genmaicha 玄米茶?, "brown rice tea"...I'd never heard of this tea...but I'm looking forward to trying it...I'll let you know...I've told you about some interesting teas that I like before...so I'm excited to try this new one...

...this tea company Harney and Sons is new to me as well...the result of much research the Man tells me...

...I love how they list the information about the tea and its effects on the tin...

...so I asked the Man which one he wanted to try first...the Man is not really a tea drinker...but he humored me and chose the CTC Assam...

...so I warmed the pot and put a couple of spoonfuls in...

...you're supposed to put one for each cup...but I never do as I don't like it that strong...

...poured in the boiling water...

...covered with a cozy (I posted about the tea cozy before too) and let it steep...

...then poured a cup for the Man...

...he drinks his tea black...like his coffee...

...then a cup for me...which I certainly do not take black...

...but with sugar...and 'cream' really almond milk...sometimes I use plain Silk creamer if I have it...

...but this is just almond milk...

...what a delicious cup of tea...very much like Twinings Irish Breakfast...which doesn't surprise me at all...as it was always the Man's favorite...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I love tea as well. Been off the tea for pregnancy as I am too lazy to keep track of which teas are OK and which are not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Harney and Sons fan, they have lovely teas. I have never tried the brown rice tea, sounds interesting.
    Enjoy your teas and the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious surprise, lucky you.

    There is an old expression here 'the tea's so strong you can trot a mouse across it' that's how I like mine.

    I don't tend to be adventurous with tea, sticking to Yorkshire Tea. I do like lemon tea though, made with Yorkshire tea bags, which drinks well hot or cold.

    ReplyDelete