Thursday, January 23, 2014

...Za'atar Bread...

...we have dear friends at Church whose families immigrated from modern day Lebanon...this article from the WVEncyclopedia sheds some light on their immigration for religious reasons...
...and they gave us some of their homemade Za'atar Bread...the article says that the chief ingredient of the spice mixture is usually Thyme...but that some varieties may add savory, cumin, coriander or fennel seed...
...I just wanted to share this interesting bread with you...I don't (yet) have the recipe...
...but I'll get it soon and share it with you then...it's delicious!

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. When I was in Bordeaux I met a young American, she and her family escaped from The Lebanon in the late 1980s. They made their escape in a small boat, to her an adventure but to her parents it must have been a nightmare.

    A brave thing to move from one country and culture to another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I'm looking forward to the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I'm looking forward to the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete