Friday, March 13, 2015

...Vegan Tofu Reubens...

...I know I've posted about Vegan Reubens before...and I often do make them with tomato...
...but...I thought I'd make some tofu pastrami...thinly sliced...
...and lightly browned...
...with a splash of vegan worchestshire...I make my own...
...toss some saurkraut in the pan...just to heat it up...and dry it out a bit...
...whip up a little vegan sauce...Vegan Mayonnaise...ketchup...mustard...and sweet relish...
...now...we're ready for assembly...
...spread some sauce on some toasted rye bread...and layer on your tofu, saurkraut and vegan cheese...
...and serve with some fries...
...so good...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting - I might replace the rye bread though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another yummy concoction! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! I love, love, love Reubens! I don't generally get the same meal when I go out to eat, but whenever I go to French Meadow Bakery and Cafe here, I ALWAYS get the tempeh reuben. I've made them once or twice here at home - just like you do, but with tempeh (although now I want to try tofu too, because I also love tofu). But I didn't consider warming the sauerkraut and drying it out a bit. I'm going to try that next time; thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete