Friday, December 04, 2015

...Home Grown Peanuts...

...a sweet friend gave me some peanuts she grew...
...so they were raw of course...

...I've never grown peanuts...but being from the south...I've seen fields of them...she was telling me that they grow underground and have a fairly long season...about 120 days...and that they didn't get many this year...so I'm super grateful that she shared some with us...
...we shelled them out...these are Spanish Peanuts...
...and roasted them for about 20 minutes at 350° F...

...they smelled so good...and WOW...we let them cool about 15 minutes and gobbled them up while they were still warm...no salt or anything and they were delicious...

...have you ever grown or roasted fresh peanuts?...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend...

3 comments:

  1. neat-o! you know, i've never actually pulled up (or dug up) peanuts.....(i don't really even know how it's done!) looks yummy!

    love, k

    p.s. i had that "delayed" posting thing happen again. it's been stuck on your scarf for the past 2 days even though i've looked several times for an update. just now i see scout helping and the peanut posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we haven't, but I do like to try it some day. If it is something to grow in our climate ofcourse. I think everything tastes so much better if it is homegrown.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No peanut growing here - but lots of peanut eating. When I was a child in the 1950s they came in the shells and were called 'monkey nuts', no idea why!

    ReplyDelete