Tuesday, December 01, 2015

...decorating 2015...At Home...

...after we finished decorating the Sanctuary...we got out all our bins of decorations...
...our sweet friends who buy the Sanctuary tree each year kindly offered to get one for us as well...

...but the couple who own the tree farm is retiring either this year or next...so there are no new trees (i.e., small...or house-sized...)on their farm...so they got us a beautiful 12 foot tree...which is about 4 feet too tall for our house...
...so we stepped it off at about 7.5 feet...
...and just lopped off the bottom...
...stood it up and tightened it into the stand...
...and carried it inside and placed it in front of the windows...
...and the decorating began...
...and ended with a star topper...
...and the nativity of course...
...I just love Christmas...

...is your decorating done?

~Have a lovely day!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I haven't even started decorating. This year I'm thinking no tree, just garlands and maybe lights. I don't really have the space this year for my small tree. Perhaps another year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we tend not to start decorating until another week or so, When I was young the decorations were done strictly for the 12 days but now people are much more flexible. My house is teeny so we have a teeny tree. It lives in the loft for most of the year - fully decorated. My favourite things are lights and vases of evergreens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely!! and love scout's new "do"!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree is very nice and one of the first things I noticed, too, was the new haircut!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having said that, this morning my friend showed me photos of her decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We brought home a tree this afternoon. Hopefully we'll get the lights on tomorrow, then Tuesday evening have a little fun decorating it. With my kids' schedules it is getting more difficult to do things like this. So I'm breaking this one down to "sessions". :)

    ReplyDelete