Friday, February 01, 2019

...Friday Favorites...a Trio of Vegan Cheezes...

...y'all know I love my cheeze...and these are just some that I've tried recently and thought I'd share in case you want to try them too...

...first up is the tofu cream cheeze from The Full Helping...
...super easy to make...just blend up some tofu with some vinegar, lemon juice, nooch and salt...

...my only sub was apple cider vinegar for the umeboshi vinegar...
...this was tangy and yummy...
...and gets 4 stars for being so easy to make and no wait...

...I think I still prefer my probiotic version...but you have to have planned ahead and let it sit overnight...whereas this can be enjoyed right away...

...and next up is Jill McKeever's Really Cheesy Fat Free Vegan Cheeze...
...this one is oat based...and it blends up so creamy and smooth...it's amazing...
...first we had it plain over some macaroni...
...and then I added some 'boughten' salsa...
...and it was delicious that way too...
...BTW...I don't think I've shown you my nifty silicon reusable stretchy bowl covers...but I've been using them a lot...they stretch to fit almost any size bowl...
...and keep leftovers fresh and safe...

...and finally...we tried Yup, It's Vegan's Pimiento Cheeze Spread...
...it was super easy to make and very creamy...
...we had it with crackers...regular ol' saltines...and it was yummy...

...and I'm going to have it on some whole wheat bread in a sandwich soon...

...on the whole...I think vegan cheeze has come a long way in the last 10 years or so...and I'm happy to find simple to make cheezes with easy to find ingredients...that satisfy my cheezy cravings...

...how about you?...are you a fan of vegan cheeze?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes I love vegan cheezes. Storebought or homemade!
    We have delicious ones in stores now.

    This tofu cream cheese is awesome on bagels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ephée,
      ...yes...vegan cheezes have come a long way...I remember the rubbery stuff from years ago...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. Yummy! Hooray for vegan cheese! Matt made some swell cheese for our soft pretzel on Sunday. Mmmmmmmm. Even the non-vegans said so. I've recently been on a bender of tracking down every vegan cheese cookbook possible through interlibrary loan. There are SO MANY these days! And so many good ideas, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      YUM...soft pretzel and cheese sound great...I only have a couple of vegan cheese books...Uncheese...and Miyoko's Artisan...and you're right...vegan cheese has come a long way...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete