Thursday, January 09, 2020

...1.8...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...we had each gotten a Christmas Poke (a bag filled with treats) after the Christmas Eve service at Church...it's a southern tradition that I remember fondly from my childhood...

...anywhoo...there was a regular orange in each one...so I juiced all four of those for breakfast...there's really something pretty wonderful about freshly squeezed orange juice...
...and I made a vegan sausage biscuit to go with the orange juice...and both of those items just came from the freezer...so it was a super easy breakfast...(two ingredient vegan biscuit recipe here...)
...and I had it with a nice cup of coffee...
...lunch was comprised of some leftovers and some soup from the freezer...it's minestrone that I froze in muffin cups...it makes it so easy to get just a bowlful out when you need it...and I cut up a cucumber and a Roma tomato...I usually only buy Romas in the wintertime...
...I had a half of a veggie sub leftover in the fridge...and I got hungry up in the afternoon...so I broiled some vegan cheese...I just like the flavor of it better this way...
...and then just added it on top of the leftover sub...it was a yummy...if somewhat soggy snack...
...dinner was pretty standard...broccoli and carrots...a huge baked potato...and grilled tofu...there was also salad...and a little bit of sauerkraut...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I remember those paper bags they handed out at Mills River Baptist after the Christmas play - so simple - nuts and fruit as I recall.

    I had gravy and homemade bread with sliced tomatoes for breakfast, just snacked on carrots and ranch dressing for lunch and Caesar salad and spaghetti for dinner. Not anywhere near as colorful as your day! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freshly squeezed citrus are sooooo good!
    Everything looks good, but your dinner.... this is perfectly perfect! Tofu, saufkraut and a big potato... this is just WOW!

    Yesterday i had homemade bread with cashew cheese and fruits, vegetables soup, and a "fondue" in a squash. https://lavielabouffelereste.blogspot.com/2015/12/fondue-mexicaine-ou-amerindienne-ou.html

    ReplyDelete