Wednesday, July 13, 2022

...7.13...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...are y'all tired of hearing me complain about the TOO LONG needles I've been using to knit this dollie...
...well...I've fixed that...haha...and it didn't take but a few minutes...this post will make it seem like it took a lot longer...but it probably took longer to document than to actually do it...
...I really need some 3 to 4 inch needles for these tiny little appendages...so I got out my bamboo skewers...
and found a couple that fit perfectly in the needle gauge for size 2...
...then I sanded them...
...and sanded the super sharp little point to something more knitting-needle-like...
...then I just snapped them in half...
...and sanded a point on the other (broken) end of each "needle"...
...went over each one again with another light sanding...
...and then oiled them...just with a few drops of olive oil...
...and left them to dry and soak it in for a bit...
..and here they are beside the original metal needle...they are a little bit less than half the size...
...and in about 15 minutes I was back in business...

...these are not super silky to knit with but they work well here...being a little bit "grip-ier"...and I'm happy not to have to wrangle those long needles anymore...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. That was a creative solution! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DIY ingenuity never ceases to amaze me! Also: That is some tiny knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      ...it's funny but...I could have made them even shorter...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete