Thursday, November 17, 2022

...11.17...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...I think I sort of had 3 breakfasts...haha...
...I started with tea and toast...and earth balance...
...and you know me and textures...and warm and cold...I like to put a cold slab of butter on the hot toast...and eat it before it melts...the Man thinks (and has always thought) this is strange...I always do it with the first pancake too...while I'm standing there cooking them...so good...
...2nd breakfast was a mango...it was 99¢...and it wasn't stellar...
...and third breakfast was a small bowl of homemade vegan yogurt flavored with açaí topped with hemp seeds and white and black chia seeds...so then it was time for lunch...haha...
...so...I had a salad of just cucumbers and tomatoes...some frozen okra that I Griddler-ed...a slab of baked tofu...and a couple of super delicious boiled red potatoes...
...afternoon snack was...let's call it a deconstructed trail mix/nut bar...it's almonds, walnuts and black walnuts, pecans, raisins and oats...sometimes I also add chocolate chips...
...then for dinner...I had a big salad...with some homemade Italian dressing...some of the homemade wheat bread...you can tell when I get to the end of the loaf by the funny imprint left by the stirrer in the bread machine...some of Julia's potato pancake thing-ys...and sauerkraut and a vegan Field Roast sausage...it was delicious...a little bit spicy...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. I started the day with some cheese grits and an Impossible sausage patty, for lunch I had a sandwich made with Violife smoked provolone cheese and a bunch of veggies. Then we went to our friends house for the sailing get-together. Someone brought a wonderful kale salad - there was pizza (the only one I could eat was the cheese one) and various chips/dip. And the hosts served a wonderful sangria drink with chopped up fruits. Good fun.
    Love, K

    ReplyDelete