Monday, November 28, 2022

...11.28...Over the Weekend...

...the new Church sign is operational...
...it's beautiful...they put it into the existing structure...which was nice...and now we have the ability to put lots of different things on the sign...along with the time and weather...haha...
...it was the weekend for decorating the Church...so the guys did the yardwork...putting up the luminaries and the Nativity...
...the Nativity has been repainted...we were told it's between 40 and 50 years old...and it's been repainted once before...you can see the previous version in this post...you can see the old sign in that post as well...
...I love the newly painted Nativity...it looks much more realistic now...
...and we gathered inside to decorate the Chrismon Tree...the guys had gotten it into the building and in it's stand yesterday...
...lots of lights...
...and lots of Chrismons...
...it's beautiful...
...then I did a fairly large shopping run this week...the oats are for other recipes so they don't have to be Quaker this week...haha...
...I got a $1 tote of bananas...YAY!...I love it when they have those...
...a couple of vegan treats for Mom's upcoming visit...we'll be traveling to the coast together for my Uncle's funeral...
...we got a bunch of frozen food to replenish our supply...
...the Vegan croissants we actually brought home from our trip to the mountains...they were just still on the counter...I'm going to freeze them for later...
...or maybe not...I had one with some more of that spiced cider that Mom gave us...it was yummy...
...and then...I usually see if any plastic lids that I happen to get will fit any of my existing dishes...I've found lids for lots of bowls that don't traditionally have lids...and that's the case here...the Oatmeal lid fits this antique bowl from North Dakota...
...I LOVE it when that happens...now I've got another bowl I can store leftovers in without waste...
...so neat to see the luminaries for the first time this year...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. lovely church and the decorating -yay!- I am eagerly awaiting to see how our church decorates for Christmas, it's our first Christmas going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The church decorations look lovely. Hope you had a easy trip for Ted's funeral. So sad. Good tip about the lids, I'd never thought of trying that! Love, K

    ReplyDelete