Sunday, April 03, 2011

The snow is going and the Geese are back...

...we've had several days with temperatures above freezing...it's still cold and it definitely still freezes at night...

...but...I heard geese honking this morning for the first time this year...I had just sat down with my cup of tea when I heard them honking as they were flying over the house...so I ran and got my camera to get a photo...

...after church they were still there...pecking around and driving Jack crazy...he can see them out the window...

...so there you have it... Spring is definitely on the way...now that the Geese are back...they found a bare space of grass...I'm so hoping they'll nest there...but they'll probably move further out into the field...

...these amazing birds mate for life...and they have a very low divorce rate...HA!...

...Wait did you see that other bird in the tree...what was that?...

...well...it's ole Mr. Red Tail...and he swooped down as I was photographing the geese...so I tried to get an in-flight pic...not so good...but I only had seconds to adjust and snap...

8 comments:

  1. I wonder where these geese have flown back from? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @PinkCatJoThanks Jo! Me too!...maybe NC...I think that's where they flew to in 'Fly Away Home'...and that would be neat because it's my home too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one great photo - flying birds with no blur are not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even capture a still bird, let alone one in flight! Great Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snow must be going kind of fast! You has so much and now I can see the ground in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MaureenThanks Maureen, I can hardly get a decent shot when they're standing still - so I was thrilled with this one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @angWe've had a couple of days above 40 degrees - so you're right - it is turning to MUD pretty quickly...

    ReplyDelete