Thursday, April 14, 2011

...and now on to the sleeves...

...You know the way some people knit both their socks at once...that way - when they're done - they're done...no second sock syndrome...well...

...I've cast on for both sleeves at once...

...it's working out pretty well so far...I just have to find some way to manage the FOUR balls of thread...two for each sleeve...I guess I'll take the time to actually roll it into two balls to make it a little less bulky and awkward...

...I figure the sleeves will be about 180 rows (each but as I'm doing them at the same time...)divided by the days remaining before Easter...and giving myself one extra day for the collar and seaming...I have 9 days to knit 180 rows...that's only 20 rows per day...totally (easily...eh?) do-able...

11 comments:

  1. Good idea to combine the sleeves into one project. Don't forget you have to make a skirt!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! going to be pretty! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever had one of those 'why didn't I think of that?' moments? That is a great idea that I will be using on my
    next sweater. Yours is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dizzy just imagining four balls at once! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for popping by my blog to say Hello! You are getting an amazing amount of quilting and knitting done....congrats! I am a beginner knitter and was wondering if many people do the two sleeves at one time or is this something you invented?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could put each two balls into their own bag - tie the top with a rubber band or some kind of tie - then you will have two lots of yarn not four.

    Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I am always up for new ways to get it done quicker....especially once the project gets to the sleeve point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all for knitting both sleeves as once (I have horrible second socks syndrome). I have to say that I've never knit with four balls at once though. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D Yes, yes, 20 rows a day is EASY! (I have been knitting about three rows a day on my baby sweater. I must have been bitten by a slow poke bug!) :D I think knitting two socks/sleeves at once is a great idea, and I am sure it will make things progress much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh, the thought of knitting one sleeve sends me into a tiz, two, you are clever! Can you tell I am not a knitter, I want to be though! Loe your blog, thanks for visiting mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always in awe of you and your creative abilities, and how much you can get done!!! Hope we keep getting pointers like this! Have a beautiful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete