Saturday, April 09, 2011

Right Front...Left Front...

Well, the right front is done and blocking...

...and I still have hopes of completing the left front by tomorrow evening...If I'm to stay on schedule and have the entire 'ensemble' ready for Easter I'll need to...

...I like the look of this improvised yarn - it looks so linen-y - but there are some things I definitely don't like - as it has absolutely zero elasticity - the change of stitches between knit and purl sort of leave little gaps - and there are a couple of pulled places (maybe where I stuck my needles into the knitted fabric in the bag) that will need to be evened back out...

...and I just got news that our quilts will be shipped the Tuesday after Palm Sunday...not the Tuesday after Mother's Day as usual...so they'll be blessed on Palm Sunday this year...the change actually occurred for a good reason...they'll get a free ride on a supply truck going to Grand Forks - so we won't have to pay shipping for that leg of the journey...BUT!!! - I've got two more quilts to finish now before Palm Sunday...that's a self imposed quota...but still...when you think about (and I do)...the warm quilts are actually more important than what I wear on Easter Sunday...so - I think I'll be bustin' out a couple more quilts this week too...

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you think...the quilts are more important than what you wear on Sunday. I hope you get to finish your quilts and still have time to make your sweater without overdoing it. bless your heart ;-) p.s. it's so wonderful that your quilts get a free ride. I know exactly how expensive the shipping can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be amazingly fast with the knitting needles...I hope you get to finish your sweater in time to wear it on Easter.

    I, too, like the way you think. The comfort quilts really will bring comfort to the recipient...it's not everyone who puts others before themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Having a sewing project on hand always eats into my knitting time, too. I always say that you are a speedy knitter, and I'm sure you'll be blessed for your generosity in sewing those loving quilts.

    ReplyDelete