Tuesday, April 05, 2011

LWR Quilt #10...


...so this is my 10th quilt for Lutheran World Relief...

...and Scout pronounced this teal and charcoal one as his favorite...apparently most of my quilts are 'girly' and this one is quite male-suitable...HA!

...one of our elderly parishoners was quite the quilter in her day and donated all of her stash of nice quilting cottons for our LWR quilts...and I loved this teal and charcoal ticking fabric...

...I know I really should be knitting every spare moment...but I'm still using my quilting 5 minutes at a time when I happen to be in the laundry room and although I already had everything laid out and pinned in separate rows - it's only taken me 8 days to put those 8 rows together...one of the things I love about the ole blog is that it's such a good reference for time
Quilt #9 was completed on March 28th...

...and in other news I am almost finished with one front panel of the A-Line Jacket...still hoping to finish both by Sunday...

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this quilt and I can't believe how quickly you are getting things done! Good for you! I really can't wait to see your Easter outfit all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt will be a true comfort to someone...I look forward to seeing pictures of your Easter outfit, too. oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quilts!! This one is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men and their pronouncements-very funny. Look at you busting out these quilts-amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with Judy, I admire the things you do. The quilts and packs must mean more to the people who receive them than we can ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nathan and AimeeThanks Aimee - I'm still hoping to get 2 more quilts done...and all the Easter stuff too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @JudyThanks Judy! I hope I get it all done in time!...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @angThanks Angela! I'm still hoping to get another couple done before May - but I've got to get busy on the Easter things too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @MaureenThanks so much Maureen, I do hope they are a comfort to those in need...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this quilt! That turquoisy color with brown is really fetching. Nice progress on your cardi too! I sort of am trying to set up a sewing sitch like you have perfected. I have some things cut ready to be ironed then sewn...but in these next few weeks I don't know if I can get those projects (small as they are) rolling...

    ReplyDelete