Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Prep...the A-Line Jacket is finished...


...we let Scout stay up super late to watch The Ten Commandments...it's an Easter tradition carried over from my childhood...did y'all watch it?...

...I was (of course) still knitting...this is the finished collar...the only part of the sweater that didn't get blocked...

...I finished all of the seams except the last underarm and side seam which I saved for Easter morning...I didn't put the button and loop on as I ran out of time...I kinda like it this way...but I may add the loop later...we'll see...

...it was a super easy knit and I highly recommend this pattern...

8 comments:

  1. Yay! You finished! It was fun to follow along your progress with the sewing and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater came out so nice. I'm so glad you were able to finish.
    We watch The Ten Commandments every year too...my husband's favorite movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I've been cheering for you to finish this amongst your very busy schedule. (And I like the pics Scout snapped. You and your church look so lovely and refreshing--perfect for celebrating Easter and focusing on the beauty of what the Savior did for us.) Congrats.

    P.S. I haven't seen The Ten Commandments in ages. Perhaps it's time to check it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! It's a lovely cardigan - a beautiful creation. Enjoy wearing it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I did watch a bit of the movie, but kinda fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew, there were lots of people waiting with baited breath to witness the end of the saga of the jacket!

    You made it, and very lovely it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't watch The Ten Commandments this year. I'm at my nephews and he doesn't have a television. I knew you'd finish your outfit and the knit sweater looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually do watch it. I can't believe I missed it this year!

    ReplyDelete