Friday, April 15, 2011

...a little snow...and some schook kits...


...this is the scene we woke up to this morning...Scout has been waking up before me lately...which is a strange and good thing...but today he came running up the hall to our bedroom exclaiming 'Come and look - it's pouring snow'...which scared me a little bit - but it was really just blowing a fine snow - we're supposed to get 2 to 4 inches today...which in a few days I'm sure will only contribute to more MUD...

In other news...

I gathered all of the supplies for our Lutheran World Relief School Kits...

...we'll put them together when Scout gets home from school...

...LWR has changed the requirements for their School Kits a little bit...they are now requesting the little backpacks instead of the tote bags - and some of the items in the bags have changed (or evolved based on the needs of the children - we should say)...

...But since we had already made over 100 tote bags before we knew about the change - and LWR is still accepting the old kits until December of this year...

...we'll be making the same kits as Last Year's School Kits...

...these are going out early this year on the same truck as the quilts...and I've got 4 quilt bindings, from the quilts we tied Tuesday, to do before Sunday too...

6 comments:

  1. will you make the back packs? I so admire the things the Lutherans do - it's putting your money where your mouth is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wonderful! I love this project. I can't believe the snow though. Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have snow, Oh my gosh! I know I have begged for snow all winter, but I do not want it now. Love the school kits, we have been putting together packages for the homeless-very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, snow??? really???? we've had the air conditioning on at the airports!

    bad storms coming our way now, though...so it's all a mess, isn't it?

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  5. meant to add that i'm too cheap to turn the a/c on at home!!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a busy lady! We've served several congregations and it was interesting to see how each group of ladies had perfected the quilt-making process for Lutheran World Relief Quilts. I loved making them and wondering who would be using them.

    ReplyDelete