Tuesday, September 04, 2007

100th post

Alaina http://idratherbknitting.blogspot.com/ just made her 100th post. Mine was way in the past and I didn't celebrate - but what a fun idea...

She wants to know 3 things...
1. What is your all time favorite knitting book?
2. What finished project are you the most proud of... and... of course, why?
(Pictures worth extra entry)
3. Whose blog do you read daily and why?

1) I don't have a huge collection of knitting books and rely on the web quite a bit - I do have the Treasury and like it - I use it all the time for stitch patterns - I also like an old book "Great Knitting in Vogue" - it came out in the late 80s and they reknit a bunch of old patterns from the 30s-70s - it includes the old photograph so it's fun to see the updates and it has a lot of kid knits.


2) I get terribly attached to anything I've ever knit - but I'm probably most proud of my first socks - simply because I'd been knitting over 30 years when I first tried - who knows why and of course I'm addicted to socks now.


3) My "Favorites" are divided into three folders 1. "knitting sites" - Alaina's blog is there - along with little purl of the orient - needles on fire - Mrs. Pilkington knits - crazy aunt purl and several others - 2. "Vegan Knitters" - - almost all of the Vegan Knitters ring are in there - and 3. "Vegan Sites" which has my favorite vegan cooking blogs - I read a lot of blogs every day.

3 comments:

  1. I guess I need to count my posts, probably not up to 100 yet, but is a fun idea. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have 280 posts - so I'll have to celebrate 300 now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link and the comments on my 100th...

    I've entered you in the contest :)

    ReplyDelete