Thursday, September 06, 2007

Homemade Laundry Soap

In my ongoing effort to consume less and produce less garbage - I've made my own Laundry Soap...

I know it's not much to look at - but it was really easy to do - it only took about 15 minutes and I have enough stuff to make at least 5 more batches.
I got the recipe here http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm and for once they actually had all the ingredients at my local grocery store...

Now no more big plastic jugs to recycle - not getting them in the first place is so much better than recycling them...

3 comments:

  1. hey - you'll have to let us know if it works or not!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just went to the site and read all the way down to the price: 71 cents a gallon. Then I went and looked at my eco-friendly laundry soap: $8.99 a gallon.

    I might start making my own laundry soap. That's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep - it works great - especially on whites - I think it must be the Borax that does it - and everything smells nice and clean - I'm favorably impressed - I'll definitely do this again...

    ReplyDelete