Thursday, June 05, 2008

Planting

We finally got the garden planted. It was warm enough, dry enough and not so windy that it would blow the seeds away.

The Man-Cub is such a good helper - and he loves working in the garden...

Planting the yellow squash - his favorite. I remember one time when he was little and we were in the grocery store he asked if we could have the brown squash - he meant the fried yellow squash - you know it's crispy and brown then - but let me tell you - we got some funny looks...

We made little row markers with the seed packets stapled to popsicle sticks - so far they've not blown away...

3 comments:

  1. Your garden looks so great! I planted some peppers and cucumbers on my patio, that's about all I had room for. Oh, to have a yard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel - good luck with your patio garden!

    Affectioknit-ly,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a big helper for my garden. We have had some rain so things are growing better. E

    ReplyDelete