Friday, June 27, 2008

Lefse Cover

It's still a few months before we'll start making lefse at the church again for the bazaar. It occurred to me that the bumpy rolling pins could be mimicked by the bumpy stitches on the back side of stockinette stitches so I made a rolling pin cover for my plain wooden rolling pin - to use for lefse making - I'll let you know how it works in October.

I used size 7 dpn's and just knit in the round until it was long enough to cover the rolling pin - then I made two chains and threaded then through each end like a draw string and drew it up tight and tied it.

and Voila - a lefse making rolling pin - and I don't have to clutter up the kitchen with another rolling pin.

3 comments:

  1. So I'm curious - what are these lefse you're going to make? Do you have a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicola,

    I've posted about Lefse before. I'm not Norwegian so I'd never heard of it before we moved here. It's a very thin potato flatbread. We make it at the church in the fall and sell it at our church bazaar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet that will make a good pattern on your bread. Interesting idea. E

    ReplyDelete