Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Stocking Update...

...I finished the stocking...

...Some background on the original - it was made by one of our parishoners' mother for each of her children and then each of their children (her grandchildren) - now those grandchildren have grown up and are beginning to have children of their own but sadly their Great-grandmother is no longer with us - but their Grandma wants them to have a 'family stocking' as well - so she asked if I could copy the original for each of her grandchildren - it's the one on the left - with JIM on the top - my copy is for TIM - you can see that I still need to tweak the pattern a little bit and when I get it all finished and edited I'll share it with y'all...

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a sweet thing for you to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so clever. The stocking looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma knit these for us when we were little. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tradition:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Tweak? Really? I don't see it. I think what you have done is awesome. Peace, Angela (Peach Coglo)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story! I love handmade stockings and the fact that you are reworking one to continue a beloved tradition makes my heart feel warm. You really are amazing.

    ReplyDelete